7/15/2007

Losing Myself (That's A Good Thing!)

Posted by Solace In Hunger

As of today I declare that God is spelled AvB. Those who were there know how he "played" with Control Freak, The World Is Watching Me and Analog Feel (sickest drops yet).

The drive itself was an adventure of sorts. After dealing with problems with my new subwoofer (YAY), it was nothing but driving through a sea of cars yet blasting my Armin sets. It's been a long time since I have swelled up with this much excitement for an event. Emerging from the 110 freeway onto 6th street, I could hear the dulled thud of the beats bouncing off the building faces. Thump, thump, thump, thump...that's the sound of life beating on the corner of Hope and Wilshire. The stage was surrounded by a wall of skyscrapers, enveloping the sound that opened our eyes.






Immediately after getting in I had to rush up to the front to see my hero. However, after almost making it near the stage and dancing for a while who else did I see other than "her". And I'm pretty sure they had already seen me. "Damn" I thought, "I should have tried to go up the left side of the stage!" Well, seeing that there are no other openings near me, I am now stuck with two choices.

1) Break the ice, say "hi" so that it won't TOTALLY be awkward and stay away.

2) Ignore them after seeing me and declare that things are to be awkward.

So, I took a gamble and choose choice 1. Ummm....yeah....it just ended up having the effect I was trying to avoid!!!! Great, now I'm going to think that THEY'RE thinking I'm just stalking them or latching on somehow. Then I thought....screw it....this event is for me tonite. I have been looking forward to this event for months and I am in a good spot to lose myself, dance and film! If they are doing they own thing that is fine. I do understand that they just wanted to make things less awkward ultimately.

The party tonite with Armin was not necessarily a rave but a block party. That means while the music was still great, I shared most of my night with clubbers especially those with image-centric egos. You know what else sucks....seven bucks for water!!!! It felt so good to listen to him again in person. I felt like a lit candle amongst others that were not lit. I was ready for the energy from the music become a flame and light the others around me. I thought about the other people around me and realized what the events mean to me in the first place. We go to lose ourselves and become part of a collective, to exchange energies fusing ourselves into one existence...one being. I had forgotten about that. I was so focused on going as a couple to these things that doing so separates everything. It becomes just "us" and "them". There can be no unity, no collective....just fragments of lives coming together with unsealed bonds....as if it was a giant window that already has large cracks throughout it. You would for wait for it to shatter or fall apart. There are no experiences shared or any strength gained in that.

It felt so good to dance again. I was able to lose myself at an event for the first time in about a year and a half. I was able to let the music drive me, relax me...have its energy surge through me exploding through my muscles and joints. I felt my body as being an instrument of the music melding with my consciousness. I was able to move again....so unbounded...so free. I kept hearing from those around me, "Whoa, look at this kid pop!", "Check this guy out", "He's really good". Paul would be proud! hehehehehe It actually is not the compliments that I was going after but rather this... This is the most that I have felt like myself in a very long time. And being my true self, I have received acceptance.

I stayed in the spot for the ENTIRE eight hours...eight hours of synergy...and also quite a bit footage taken. I'll post it up on You Tube and finally customize this damn page after a long deserved nap...

0 comments: