3/11/2010

You Can't Knock Me Down

Posted by Solace In Hunger

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." - Thomas Edison

Well, the interview had gone much differently as had expected. Then again, do events in life always play out on the track laid out for them?  The experience was brief and more of an audition to sample a quick taste of the personality of myself and the other actors in my group there that day.  Afterwards, we each read a brief commercial side once through and we were sent on our way.  It wasn't the one on one experience that I had expected.  I was the first one to go up, and to be honest during my read I didn't feel like I was doing well at all.  I seemed to be the one with the least experience and not working on some major film like the others had mentioned during the interview portion and during the side read I could just feel the words coming from my mouth fall flat.

However, with as much as I hope as I had put into this "interview", I'm not at all disappointed as to how this had turned out.  Actually, I feel even more determined now to try again and get this to work.  I learned quite a bit in that brief experience and even should nothing more come from it, it may be for a good reason I believe. Already, I have received another referral to pursue and research has brought up a list of agencies for me to approach.  All doors are not shut and I will find one to walk through.  My reaction to this shows a big change from my old self that would've felt so broken to try again.  I wouldn't be so fortunate to have the support that I do unless there was an actual belief that I can do this.  I'm gonna kill 'em the next chance.  And if that doesn't work, I will do it over and over...

I'm reminded of this story with Mickey Rourke involving the importance of second chances.  Every miss and every failure will make me stronger and if it doesn't take me to my destination then it will take me one more step closer to it.

I hope that everyone is doing well out there... =o)

Track of the Day:

Tilt - The World Doesn't Know (Original Mix)


1 comments:

Wilson Huang said...

"Just do it."
-The Nike Swoosh

:]