2/17/2010

Returning Home

Posted by Solace In Hunger

"The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning." - Mitch Albom

Today is the first meeting for this year's Studio Lab Project at East West Players and I am very excited! I'm eager to meet the wonderful new people that I'll be working with and just as happy to find out who I will reunite with those from projects past.

I really do owe East West Players so much for what they have given me. They've played a big part in reopening the window into my artistic soul that has been closed for seven years. I've met some wonderful people that have become my artistic family and my best friends today. They've helped me rediscover my craft and reminded me how much of a mistake it was for me to turn my back on it all of these years. All of this brought forth to me in the past year since joining and it all feels so promising because it still feels like this is only the beginning of such a wonderful adventure.

From attending shows to workshops at the David Henry Hwang theatre, the place feels like a home to me. Even more of a home than the place that houses my bed. I feel at such peace whenever I pass through its doors. We still don't know yet to as to what piece we will be working on but I'm ready to take on whatever is coming my way. I feel that this is going to be a very good run.

I hope that everyone is doing well out there... =o)

Track of the Day:

Ciara feat. Justin Timberlake - Love Sex Magic (covered by MariƩ Digby)

0 comments: