3/15/2010

Catching My Breath...

Posted by Solace In Hunger

"The time to relax is when you don't have time for it." - Sydney J. Harris

And with this new week begins a period of rest.  I've been stressing out for the past month and a half over my agency interview and preparing for it that I was left with little time to collect myself.  Even after this weekend it still hasn't hit me that I now have an agent!  But with this new achievement comes even more work.  As I plow through the employment and tax forms I need to complete and review the casting websites I have to upload my portfolio onto I'm reminded that every step further I take comes more responsibility.  There are now marketing materials I need to create, a website to build, more shots to take... Add to that the rehearsals for Antigone, Mandarin and Hip-Hop classes and stunt training and I have more than a full plate.

I need to remember to slow things down and enjoy this time.  If don't afford these moments for myself I'll go crazy before I know it, even if this all is towards something that I do love.  Perhaps, I'll go back and work on that collage or maybe have a retro game night.  It's been forever since I've played anything...

Now that the group is moving forward, I can finally reveal that I am now a part of the Epic Stunts team!!!  I was introduced to the group by a friend who I had worked with on a show at USC a few years back.  The men leading it are those who have worked in the industry for years and wanted to break off to create their own group of passionate newer talent.  It'll take some caution to not go down that path of being the stereotypical Asian martial arts stunt man but I'll have a chance to do things I've always wanted to do such as wire work, professional fight choreography, crashes, firearms training and much more!  We look forward to have a demo released in the coming weeks.

For the first time in a while I feel winded.  Perhaps my body is still getting used the time change but the thought of lying down on my bed seems very good right now...

I hope that everyone is doing well out there... =o)

Track of the Day:

Bibio - The Apple And The Tooth





0 comments: