7/13/2007

A Healthy Distraction

Posted by Solace In Hunger

Well, as I was ready to start a fourth nonsensical post when I decided to hit up AIM to see if anybody was up. I saw a fellow GS.Cer was online. After telling him that I really needed to get out of the house, he invited me over to chill and I am really glad I did. It felt good talking to him about everything that has happened since he has got a good head on his shoulders and I trust his advice.

However, it wasn't until he simply said "You know that you're going to get over this right?" that I felt really calm. This statement is something that I already do know (in my head, not my heart) and it's been told me many times by others. But the way he was able to say it so nonchalantly and matter of fact really made my heart realize that, "Yeah! This is only going to be a small bump in the road of life." There are so many problems out there that I could be experiencing. Hell, there are so many more problems that I would not be able even to imagine yet! Don't get me wrong, I'm having the worst time fighting off the tears but I'm feeling more optimistic that this will be better in the end.

Thank you Paul if you ever read this. Hanging out today has helped more than you really know... (And the steak was awesome!!! I will be the Wushu Flavor hahaha)

I really want to get back into dancing, not just for glowsticking's sake but just for the stake of expanding and growing. My ex and I are really big into learning funk styles of dance. However, I have to admit that I've never told her in our two years together that I've always wanted to learn since I wanted her to feel that it was her own thing and I didn't want it to seem to her that I was liking it only because she liked it. Not only that....with these styles of dance come a higher competitive element than I care for. The only person that I like competing with is myself. Opponents of all sorts will come and go, but with yourself...it becomes harder and harder to challenge yourself since you know yourself so well! And the distance that you take yourself though these battles is so much greater than bettering yourself just enough to surpass the person before you. Yet, I have had these talks with my friend Jamie about taking classes for a long time. For now I will just have to pick up on some of these things on my own...

0 comments: