1/19/2010

The New Door...

Posted by Solace In Hunger

The loss of a loved one. I have gone through some tough separations in my life, but this must be more akin to a divorce. The lack of appetite, nights with little sleep, a mind racing with thoughts, a broken future, an empty heart left with only the faith in what was great, true and powerful. The last four months has brought answers to me as to why we felt the pain we did on both ends but I write no more as these reasons are saved for ONLY her and I and a hope for a day when we can meet as the new people we are becoming, when the pain and anger has subsided so that we can share these experiences and bring peace to our lives once again.

This brings me to this new stage in life. With careful thought of reassessing my priorities, I am renewing my focus on my passions. The things I believe worth waking for everyday. Renewed focus on acting...and a rediscovery of passions left to the side such as martial arts, photography, dance, guitar and singing...

Under the request of my actor friends, I have opened up a new channel to post up videos of any future acting projects. It is also needed to host demo reels for any potential casting directors. With it being so new, it's saddened me even further to see all the empty space. But a chance viewing of a cover song by MariƩ Digby paired up with a resurged interest in acoustic music fired up some ideas in my head. I bought an acoustic guitar, a purchase I've been wanting to make since playing my ex-girlfriend's a year ago. It's been a good ten years since I've played regularly but playing and singing again has helped me deal with the loss and even given some hope for what is to come. Plus, it doesn't hurt to have the channel filled with other talents I've been passionate about and have be a base for my adventures.

To be honest, I'm optimistic and scared as to what this new door will bring but brightens a fire within in me I have not felt for quite some time...

0 comments: