2/10/2010

Now We're Moving

Posted by Solace In Hunger

"Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.” - Emma Bull

Things are just moving too fast today so just a somewhat quick update...

A chance meeting with an old friend at work led to a discovery about him I never knew of all these years. Apparently, he is a photographer and also involved in video production recently setting some projects underway. I'm looking forward to working together with already good friends while we examine common interests we never knew we had before.

I was interviewed today by a Los Angeles Times reporter who saw my tweet about my car being recalled. I guess there are people who come across my Twitter after all. The article may use only a blurb, if that, from my dialogue with the reporter but it just further reinforces the random things that have been appearing in my days lately.

I've been upgraded to performing member of the Detour improv group. I really need to give thanks to the team for believing in me and taking a chance. The team loves the energy I've been able to put in my characters and they say that I'm funnier than I think. I believe that I won't ever get over my fear of improv but I realize now that I don't think I ever want to not be scared of it. Like with any other performances, I just have to trust more in my abilities to turn that fear into productive energy. As I continue to train more with Detour, I look forward to finally be able to get up and "play" without hesitation.

I've been trying to surround myself with happier things lately so I'm working on compiling a collection of Japanese game shows and advertisements to put on DVD and play in the car whenever I'm feeling beside myself. It's about time I convert the ol' Mobile Rave Station into something else.

Driving home from work, surrounded by the gray skies I was surprised to find a brilliant rainbow welcoming me as I crossed onto the 134. This was the best pic I managed to take with my camera phone as I was driving.


Cheesy as it sounds it was nice to remember that even on a day without the sun, some days are still meant to shine just as bright.

Okay, break is over. I have to get back to taking inventory for the big sale and get my promo materials ready in prep for the big interview next month. EWP rehearsals start one week from today, Mandarin and Hip-Hop Dance classes start in three more weeks. It feels really good to be busy again.

I hope that everyone is doing well out there... =o)

Track of the Day: (More happy tracks!)

Koda Kumi - Koi No Mahou

0 comments: